Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Essay #9: Architecture

I learned something today.

I knew architecture would be my greatest challenge this week. I love good architecture photography, but I can never seem to emulate styles that I admire. I have a plethora of truly terrible photos of urban buildings. They seem cold, flat, awkward and uninspired.

I went out today intending to get a nice landscape, and instead discovered the beauty of rural architecture.



















The color and texture of the wood beckoned me from the car. I was more pleased with a dozen frames of these simple structures than the shots I've attempted of even the coolest-looking spots downtown. I still have leagues to improve in this area, but I'm excited to explore more places to practice.

See more on my flickr page.

Specs: 27mm 1/00 f/13 ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment