Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Essay #24: Bookstores
























Stepping into a bookstore or a library is an unparalleled experience. I enter, close my eyes and draw a deep breath, savoring the aromatic blend of paper, ink, binding glue, coffee and a hint of dust. It's sweet and spicy and rich: Heaven. In used bookstores and libraries, the air is tinged with age, the tangy flavor tickling my nose and tongue. The soft hum of circulating air bears with it whispers of a thousand books recounting the tales bound within their pages, waiting to be unfolded.

I could spend the day here.

14mm 1/2.5 f/7.1 ISO 200. I used another bookshelf as a tripod.

3 comments:

  1. I want to be in a used book store NOW!!! You paint the picture so vividly! - and the smell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *ahhhhhhh* I love the smell of books. YUM.

    ReplyDelete