Monday, September 14, 2009

Essay #23: The color green


















Green is my happy color: the color of life, of growth. When editing, I always use green pen--it's so much more encouraging than red. I took this picture specifically for use as desktop wallpaper, something I do not infrequently. Since the last three years of my career were spent in a windowless office, I couldn't rear any deskside plants. Instead, I took pictures of green shrubs and shade plants for my computer display, to give me a hint of something fresh and alive every day. In the dead of winter, green is also an encouraging reminder of the life dormant beneath the snow, and that a new season will bloom out of the frozen earth.

3 comments:

  1. "The dead of winter comes undone..." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rebirth of Spring. It's one of my favorite things about the end of winter. That and I hate the cold.

    ReplyDelete