Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Essay #57: Play ball!

I've written before about my enjoyment of live sports. My favorite is baseball. I don't have any interest in televised baseball, but I love going to games.

Baseball can be tricky to photograph. There's a lot of waiting between short flurries of action, and you never really know where the ball is going to end up so it's hard to set up a shot ahead of time. If it's a brilliantly sunny day, the shadows preclude certain angles.

And yet, I'm a sucker for it. Especially those daring moments of stealing bases or racing for home even as the ball streaks toward the catcher's mitt. It's all about patience, persistence, and strategic timing--much like photography.

1 comment:

  1. I love the sense of energy and tension in these photos... you can see it in their legs! It is something that photographers and sculptures try to capture. Great job~!
    Love & Light~
    OM girl

    ReplyDelete